Lower fuel consumption and high passenger comfort
- The Athenia™ MkII product range offers the highest ratio between cooling capacity and unit weight, featuring extra light aluminium frames and plastic covers. The Athenia™ MkII unit is equipped with a servo-motor controlled fresh air damper, that provides 100% fresh air while reducing fuel consumption.
- For the highest passenger comfort, the CANAIRE® control system can manage up to three temperature zones with precise temperature control for single, articulated and double-articulated buses. CANAIRE® modular expandable control system manages efficient operation and low power consumption through continuous RPM control for fans and blowers.
- The CANAIRE® control system features an ergonomically designed LCD driver panel that allows for the control of A/C roof units in parallel with a front-box unit placed in the driver´s area. It maximizes the efficiency of such system configurations, while lowering the fuel consumption of the bus.
- To further improve air quality and passenger comfort, the AdvanTech™ Fresh Air control option manages the fresh air intake volume based on internal air quality measurement.
- Built-in CO₂ sensors can be added on demand. For additional fuel optimisation, the CANAIRE® controller offers customisation features that allow system parameterisation changes, via service and diagnostic software tools, in alignment with operating conditions and customer needs.
- With its innovative micro-channel coils (with a reduced refrigerant charge of 50% compared to conventional coils), the Athenia™ MkII series offers an improved environmental performance with a low global warming potential (GWP).
- To improve environmental-friendliness, we offer refrigerant circuit installation packages, minimising the risk of refrigerant leakages from A/C systems.
- For additional safety, we only use non-flammable refrigerants with an A1 classification.
- As a standard solution we are offering step-less RPMs regulation of the fans and blowers.
- The brushless blowers and fans with full speed PWM control can be used in Athenia™ MkII range for lowering the noise level.